Applications are invited from qualified Undergraduate or Postgraduate students to conduct the following research as their Final year project or Masters project.
Title: “Mapping of Educational Resources in Primary and Secondary Schools in Onicha Community”.
The project would map the human and non-human resources available in schools in Onicha to facilitate governmental and non-governmental interventions.The project will be co-supervised by an OEF appointed academic alongside with the University supervisor of the successful applicant. OEF will pay the student a one-off grant of N150,000.00 (One Hundred and Fifty Thousand Naira only).
- Applicants must come from Onicha Community in Onicha Local Government Area, Ebonyi State.
- Students should ideally maintain a first class or second class honours CGPA.
- Students from Faculty of Education are preferred but applicants from other Arts and Social Science backgrounds can apply as long as the Project can be accepted as a degree project, if selected.
- Student from any higher institutions across Nigeria.
- Students in their penultimate year are also encouraged to apply (i.e 3rd year students for a 4 years course and 4th year students for a 5 year course).
Benefits for the student
1.Opportunity to carry out a research which will be used to improve educational development in Onicha Community.
- Student would be supported by internal and external supervisors.
- Opportunity to present findings in OEF meetings and events.
- Opportunity to be mentored by OEF to exploit the outcomes of the research.
- Interested applicants should send an email to email@example.com to express interests. Email should show how the applicants meet the eligibility criteria.
- Applicants that meet the eligibility criteria will receive an application form with details of documents to be submitted.
- At the end of the deadline for submission, selected applicants would be invited for interview which will take place on ZOOM.
- The applicant that scored highest in the interview, and with the suitable academic background would be given the award.
- Expression of interests – December 31st, 2021.
- Submission of full application – 31st January, 2022.
- Interviews – 10 to 15th February 2022.
- Announcement of the winner – 25th February 2022.
For more information or questions, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or Dr. Nathaniel Obasi on 08034499155.